Wednesday, February 23, 2011

In Da Club

So I have never really been a big club guy. I don't really understand how people will get all dressed up, wait in line for an hour +, pay a 1000% markup on booze, to listen to some really loud music and hopefully grind against someone.

That being said, in the last 2 weeks I have been to Tao and Jet, and I can honestly say I have had a fun time at both. Granted a large percentage of the fun I've had is directly related to the people I was out with, but the whole club scene wasn't as bad as I thought.

Don't get me wrong, I still cringe when I have to pay $10+ for a well vodka/club and $15+ if I make it a redbull/vodka. And there is no chance in hell I'll ever pay for bottle service, (wait you want me to pay $400 for a $30 retail bottle of vodka, just so some scantily clad chick can pour me weak drinks for the rest of the night and clear off any drinks that are half empty), no thank you.

However the music was great at both places (TAO had a guy playing the sax...still not really sure why). The DJs knew what they were doing, their mashups were great, their transitions were smooth, and some of the clubs are set up pretty kick ass. The decor and environments are pretty top notch.

I would have to give the nod to Tao as it was a much nicer place, and Jet seemed a little too packed, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at both clubs. Don't get me wrong, I doubt you'll find me clubbing regularly in my free time, but it was surprisingly fun.

No comments: