Saturday, March 26, 2011

I Survived The Fremont Street Zipline

On the 16th, I organized an Unofficial YELP Event (cross one off the 30 for 30)to Check out the Fremont Street Zipline in lovely downtown Las Vegas.

I had a GROUPON that lowered the cost from the normal $15 to $10 (plus mine was free for a previous referral credit I had). There were about 6 of us there, one of the group got turned away for being over weight, they have a strict weight tolerance, thankfully I am now down to below their maximum allowed weight (by 1/2 a lb clothed), I actually had to take my phone and keys out to make weight.

The setup is pretty nice, you go to their office, step on the scale (everyone got weighed), sign the waiver that no one ever reads, and get your wristband. After the office, you hop on an elevator and go up to the top of the garage, where they have a queue for the riders. There were not too many people hitting up the zipline that afternoon, and the wait was pretty short.

After the queue you get to the harness station. They pretty much have a one size fits all harness, and let's just say they're not really built to fit a 6' guy...SNUG was an understatement!!! After narrowing the chance that I'll ever have children at the harness station it was time to zip.

This was the hardest part of the entire thing, you walk out onto a platform at the top of the scaffolding, yes you are hooked in for safety, but having a mild fear of heights, the walk was not the most fun. They then latch you onto the line, and tell you where to hold your hands (important so you don't hit yourself in the face when you stop), and they send you on your way.

The Zipline isn't really that long, but I will say it was a RUSH...at the end they take your photo, as well as a few that they take while you're on the line (I was turned around at the camera so it wasn't a good photo), and they do a nice job of jacking up the photo price!

All in all it was a great time, I will probably do it again (maybe at night), if someone wants to go again. After the Fremont Line, I really want to go try their lines out at BOOTLEG CANYON


One of the best 30 for 30 Things I've done thus far...sorry it took so long to post, March Madness kicked my ass!!!



I apologize that the video isn't the best and that I talk really fast, I'm working on my editing/vlogging skills, expect a few more in the future!

No comments: