Monday, June 21, 2010

ESZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZN

I am not a huge soccer fan, yet I try me best to watch the World Cup. I know this is the "world's largest sporting event" and billions are wagered, but honestly watching soccer can be as fun as watching a poker tourney final table live, or as enjoyable was watching paint dry!!! Nothing gets me excited like a Nil-Nil draw...and don't get me started on those damn Vuvuzelas, it sounds like there is either a swarm of bees are attacking the stadium or there is one hell of a traffic jam outside.

I will watch a match or 2, and I'm not really upset that it's on ESPN, because they leave ESPN2 alone so I can watch NFL Live, Sports Nation, Mike and Mike in the Morning, and the like, but wait a minute, what's that on the Deuce right now...Wimbleton, you have to be fucking kidding me, wow ESPN you managed to find something Americans care less about than Soccer, and you are showing them both at the same time, I can't imagine the ratings spike you're currently expecting.

So now I find myself desperately surfing the channels, looking for Knitting Today, The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, hell I'd take reruns of the US Open from yesterday over this crap.

Hey ESPN if I needed to take a nap you'd be my first choice, I know you're the "world wide leader in sports" but you may want to focus a little less on the world and a little more on those of us who actually watch your channel, hey the World Championship of Crocheting starts next week, when can I expect coverage???

Until Next Time

No comments: