Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I Lost My Slidginity

Today for Lunch I hit up a newcomer to the Vegas Food Scene...the one and only Slider Truck.

I know the Gourmet "Roach Coach" is a thing that has been sweeping LA for a while, but Slider Truck was the first of it's kind in Vegas. When I lived in Phoenix I would occasionally grub at one of the "roach coaches" that would stop in the parking lot of the industrial complex I worked in, the food was good, but it was nothing special, I can tell you Slider Truck is nothing like your average roach coach, it's top notch grub.

For those of you not familiar with the roach coach concept it's basically a truck with a kitchen in it, they drive around to several places and serve up food from the truck, it's usually tacos, burgers, and the such, but there has been a trend towards gourmet roach coaches that include not only sliders (in vegas), but also grilled cheese, philly cheese steaks, and medical marijuana lollipops (all 3 in LA). This was my first Gourmet Roach Coach experience but it won't be my last.

I already Yelped a review of the place so I'm just going to repost it here.


After hearing everyone rave about slider truck, I decided to give it a try. I had this afternoon off and they were setting up lunch a few blocks from my house, so today was the day.

Most places that are really hyped up never seem to wow me, I don't know if I go in expecting too much or if I'm just don't seem to like what others do, but I will tell you this Slider Truck lived up to the Hype.

I met a friend there for lunch, when I pulled up there were about 5 people infront of us in line, but it moved pretty quickly, I ordered 2 Barbies and a Pulled Porkie, along with a gatorade. I thought about the sweet potato fries but passed (will get them next time).

The wait for the line and the wait for the food weren't bad, my only real complaint was the location, there was a half wall to sit on, but no tables or anything, and well being 100+ degrees a place to sit would have been nice, but you can't really blame them for that.

The Barbie were great...I got them with out the Jalapenos, as I'm not a pepper fan, but the rest was amazing, the buns were soft and toasted to perfection, the beef was great, you can tell they were hand pattied not premade, and the BBQ sauce is amazing!!!

As if the Barbie wasn't good enough...the Pulled Porkie was AMAZING...the pork was moist, and had a good smoky flavor, the buns the same as the barbie, and the sauce was amazing as well, next time I'll probably just get Porkies unless they have something new to try as it was my hands down favorite.

I really like when a place lives up to the hype and without a doubt this won't be the last time I visit the Slider Truck.

Today I lost my Slidginity and it was amazing!!!


On a side note I am currently watching Bert the Conqueror on the Travel Channel, I have been a fan on Bert's comedy for a while, and I must say this show is pretty good, tomorrow night he does SkyJump at the Strat...which is on my Vegas Bucket List!!!

Until Next Time

No comments: