Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sweet 2 Tweetup/ The Summer of BWOP

This is going to be 2 completely different posts in one...why...because I'm too lazy to make 2 different posts!!!

Sweet2Tweet

On Thursday night I attended a Tweet-up at The West Wing Bar at the MGM Grand, I had never been to the WWB before, but I must say the place was pretty nice, it has a great lounge vibe, and the bartender whipped up an wicked Snozberry Martini, and I won some prizes so I can't complain.

I met quite a few Vegas tweeps including but not limited to TheLVTweetUP, LibationBlog, AmandaHimes, and ProjectDinnerTable. Everyone was friendly, the drinks were flowing, and I tweeted my brains out (for every tweet you got a raffle Ticket).

I ended up winning 2 Autographed Copies of Michael Mina's Cookbook, and a Starbucks Card





Not bad for doing nothing but drinking and tweeting (I know it's a rough life!!!)

I have to say Kudos to TasteMGMGrand, for setting up the event, as long as I can fit it into my schedule, I hope to attend several more tweet-ups around town.


The Summer Of BWOP

Last Night after work, I headed down to the V to sweat CK: The Black Widow Of Poker, who had made it to the final table of a Deep Stack Event.

I got there just after the final table had started, she was a fairly short stack, but picked several good places to get in and get some extra chippies.

There were some crazy hands at the table, and the guy who had a commanding chip lead, played the most odd strategy I have ever seen in a live tourney, he had only 3 moves in his arsenal...he would either Fold, Min-Raise, or Shove, bear in mind he at one point had over 60% of the chips in play and should have had the tourney on lock, but his horrid play lead to him pissing a large % of that stack back to that table. When it got to 3 handed they were almost all even.

CK eventually busted out 4th (congrats again CK), and after a celebratory drink we all went our separate ways. It was nice to see someone I know make a deep run in a tourney, hopefully this is just the tip of the Iceburg for her, and I can bring the #rungood to a few more final tables!!!

Well that's about it...Until Next Time

2 comments:

Michael said...

I'm enjoying the first blog posts, hope to see more. I've casually read AVP before and have followed Grange's blog since he's moved off of AVP. Thanks for taking the time with it.

BWoP said...

Thanks again for coming by to rail!

FYI, the big-stack 3-moves guy finished second. The guy with the scruff finished first. I thought scruffy guy was the most solid player at the FT. I was at a table with him in the latter part of Day 1 as well and respected him game quite a bit.

Interestingly, each of the top 3 players doubled me up at least once. Cake Poker hat guy very late on Day 1, scruffy guy when we were down to about 20 or so players and 3-moves guy when I called one of his shoves at the FT.