Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hello...my name is Minton...and I'm a Chocoholic

Last night I attended a Yelp Event at Max Brenner's. For those of you who don't know about Max Brenner, he's pretty much a modern day Willy Wonka, the guy knows chocolate, and his place in the Forum Shops is part gift shop, part bar, part restaurant, and all amazing.

The following is an abridged version of my review of the event on Yelp...it was a great event.


I was one of the first few to climb the staircase, and when I got upstairs I was greeted by some of the friendliest servers in the city, I grabbed a Pomegranate drink and snagged a table.

Within minutes there were other servers going around with trays of food.

First up was the Slider

It was pretty big for a slider, the burger was a perfect medium, it was topped with some amazing BBQ sauce, and an onion ring, it was like a mini western bbq cheeseburger.

Next up was the Pulled pork slider, I grabbed one of these and quickly did a little dissection to see what was inside, pulled pork, slaw, and a deep fried pickle, Jackpot...I think I ended up having at least 5 of these, I am a BBQ snob, and I was amazed at how good these were...who would have thought a Chocolate place would have the best BBQ pork in the city

I tried one of the Paninis it was pretty good, but I think the Pulled Pork Slider ruined the rest of the food for me.

I then got my hands on one of the Maxican Chocolate Martini's, these were the hardest thing to get because the second the server got out the door with these they were gone, and I must say it was amazing, it tasted liked a glass of hot chocolate, only better, it had booze.


I never got a chance to have the Blue Moon, I'm not a huge fan of Blue Moon, and after the Maxican, I was having nothing else for the rest of the night.

Just when I thought the night couldn't get any better, what did I spy coming out of the kitchen, Fresh baked cookies and shots of milk, damn Max thought of everything! I passed on the first cookie (chocolate chip with walnuts) as I'm not a big fan of walnuts, however the chocolate chocolate chip cookies were divine, warm and gooey in the center and full of chocolate goodness, they were a bit rich however the shot of milk washed everything down, well the milk and the Maxican martinis.

Once again I have to give props to the staff, they went above and beyond to make sure everyone was taken care of, there was always a tray of food and a tray of drinks within arms reach.


My only complaint about the event was that they didn't serve the Chocolate Pizza, after seeing it on the Food Networks "Best Thing I Ever Ate" I have been wanting to try it. I have a strong feeling I will be heading back to Mr. Brenner's place to have that some time in the near future.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Outstanding, you just gave me a couple options for my next trip there. That pulled pork slider was on my radar, but I think you've clinched it.

I couldn't find the mexican chocolate martini on the menu, and was a bit depressed on my trip as I thought their chocolate booze drinks were fairly mediocre when it came to creativity. Their dreamsicle however was very good, and the chorizo breakfast burrito is very good.