Monday, November 29, 2010

Sick of Being Single

Hello all, I know it has been ages since I've posted. I have been working a lot more hours, and trying to be more social so it's cut back on my computer time.

I am rapidly approaching the big 30. I have been reevaluating a lot of things in my life, and realized that it's time for a few changes. I am working on being financially responsible, I am trying my best to get into some sort of shape (other than round), and I am generally trying to make myself a better person.

Those of you who have known me for a length of time, know that for the majority of my life I've been single. I've never really been much of the relationship type. I seem to have the magical ability to meet a girl and instantly find myself in the "friend zone". Now don't get me wrong, I have many great friends who are female, however there is something missing. So I am launching the quest.

Ladies it's time to play, Who Wants To Date Minton.

The rules are pretty simple.

Contestants must be fluent in Sarcasm, be capable of putting up with my erratic schedule, have no aversions to gambling or alcohol, and must be in possession of both X chromosomes, living in Vegas is an added bonus!!!

I know this comes off as a little desperate, but hey it's been a long time since I've even been near anything that would be considered a relationship.

A few things about me

I'm 29
I work in a Race and Sports Book (I get paid to talk sports...it's rough)
I drink socially, gamble occasionally, and smoke a cigar every once and a while
I am capable of finding humor in pretty much any situation
I obtain a plethora of useless trivial knowledge
I have a college degree
I am fluent in sarcasm, and can order a beer in at least 3 languages
I have a large collection of Tshirts with random and/or funny sayings on them
I can on occasion be "That Guy"
I am a fairly loud person, however I am also surprisingly shy person
I consider myself a foodie, however I promise I will never use the word NOM


So I'm putting this out to you my readers, are you single, do you know someone who's single, do you think we'd be a suitable couple?

I am not above blind dates or hook-ups, since I seem to be unable to find a stable relationship on my own, I'm putting the ball in your court.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Great stuff, good luck on your 'quest'. I was in a similar stage at that age, keeping true to yourself is the key, while the woman you meet may not meet all of your criteria for what you want, don't lose sight of who you are and you'll be fine.

Pamela said...

Hey Chris! I wish you well on your adventure. I will get the word out to my cousins in Vegas...they might know a girl that is looking for what you have to offer! :) Funny, your post could've been written by my brother...except he lives here in Vancouver, WA and is 33 years old. He is the "friend to all of the ladies" type of guy. Always a groomsman, but never a groom?! hehehe. The right one is out there for you...and you WILL find her! GL hun!

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game:_Penetrating_the_Secret_Society_of_Pickup_Artists

Find it, read it, and all will be well.