Wednesday, January 26, 2011

30 For 30 Week 1 Update

Well it's been one week since I launched 30 for 30, and while I haven't checked anything major off the list I have laid out a few plans to get the list going.

Tomorrow night I am going to see Gilbert Gottfried, at the Hilton. Even though, this is not technically a comedy club, I will be counting it towards task #22. I have been a fan of Gilbert for years and can't pass up a chance to see him live. I will be hunting for the best ticket deal, checking the ticket brokers tomorrow, but if needed will pay face to see him.

I have also lined up plans to scratch #7 off the list. A friend of mine from All Vegas Poker is coming to town for March Madness, and while I will have to work the weekend of the tourney, I will be hitting up the Ziplines sometime that Wednesday evening. I will be posting more info as the event approaches, and there is a good chance I will be turning this into a UYE (Unofficial Yelp Event) to scratch off #21 at the same time (might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone).

I have been hitting up the gym 3 times a week, Monday is arms, Wed is Legs, and Friday is cardio. My employer has a nice company gym that is conveniently located half way between my house and work, so other than my sheer laziness I really have no excuse to be hitting the gym. As part of the get fit challenge, I am also on a diet, I'm basically eating nothing but veggies, with some slices of turkey, or a chicken breast, yes I know it's a bland menu and my stomach yearns for something that doesn't taste like cardboard, but hopefully it will help me drop some much needed lbs.

It has also been 10 days since I've had a beer. I know this doesn't sound like much of an achievement to many of you, but beer and I have a long storied past. I have had a couple vodka/club sodas while out with friends, but I have stayed from the Barley and Hops Temptress. It's kind of shitty replacing bar time with gym time, but I know it's helping me become a better person. I do think I will have a few beers when I'm done, but I don't think I'll be drinking nearly as many as I did in the past.

Today I am going shopping for a new phone, my Samsung Rant is a little over 2 years old, and has been acting up ever since it decided to take a swim in the Palazzo Pool last summer (damn you mojitos). I really like the Evo Shift 4G, but am keeping my options open. Added bonus if I get a new phone I will be able to take photos/videos for the blog, so we'll see.

Well I'm off to run some errands and hit the Gym, hope you all are having a good day, Until Next Time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have verizon? get an iphone. they come out in a couple of week. i have at&t and im gonna switch to the verizon iphone soon

Minton said...

No I have Sprint, and have had them for years, and I don't see switching providers as they have taken good care of me. I have not seen the awe of the I phone, yes it can do some cool stuff, but I prefer the android based phones than the apple ones, just a matter of personal preference. Plus Vegas is a 4g city and sprint's 4g is amongst the best

Unknown said...

get the EVO - I've heard it kicks AZZ!!