Sunday, January 30, 2011

Heads I Win...Tales You Lose

It's that magical time of the year when the Sports Books put out hundreds of Prop Bets. For those of you not in the know Prop bets are random events that may or may not happen throughout the game; that give additional betting options. In most games you can only bet the Side and the Over/Under, however on special games many books offer props.


The Super Bowl is the granddaddy of prop betting situations, many books have over 100 props to bet. I have in my posession the Hilton of Las Vegas' Prop sheet for "The Big Game 45" it contains over 300 props. I have narrowed that list down to 30 that I like. I highly doubt I will bet all 30, but I am going to post them all here and we'll see how they would have ended up after the game.

For the sake of debate, I will be betting 11 Minton Bucks on every -110 bet (or whatever it takes to win 10) and 10 Minton Bucks on every bet that is + anything (I will win what ever the + amount is). I will post a total of the theoretical Minton Bucks wagered in this post and we will see what my bets would have won.

Also as part of my 30 for 30 I will be leaving the last bet to you my readers, the end of this post includes a Poll, cast your vote for Heads or Tails. The Poll closes on Thursday so I can place the bet in time, I will be betting for whatever you chose.

Here are the Prop Bets I like, feel free to critique as you see fit

  1. Will Either Team Score 3 Straight Time? My Bet NO +155
  2. Team To Use First Coaches Challenge: My Bet Pitt -110
  3. Shortest TD Of The Game: My Bet Over 1.5 +115
  4. Will There Be A Safety? My Bet Yes +850
  5. Total Interceptions By Both Teams: My Bet Over 2.5 +200
  6. Will There Be A Defensive or Special Teams TD? My Bet Yes +145
  7. Total Rushing Yards By Ben Roethlisberger: My Bet Over 11.5 -110
  8. Total TD Passes By Ben Roethlisberger: My Bet Over 1.5 +115
  9. Total Receiving Yards By Heath Miller: My Bet Over 38-5 -110
  10. Total Receptions By Heath Miller: My Bet Over 3.5 +115
  11. Will Heath Miller Score a TD? MY Bet Yes +240
  12. Will The Steelers Score In All 4 Quarters? My bet Yes +290
  13. Will The Steelers Convert A 4th Down Attempt? My Bet Yes +180
  14. Total Rushing Yards By Aaron Rodgers: My Bet Over 20.5 -110
  15. Total TD Passes By Aaron Rodgers: My Bet Over 1.5 -190
  16. Distance Of The First Aaron Rodgers TD Pass: My Bet Over 12.5 -110
  17. Total Rushing Yards By James Starks: My Bet Under 50.5 -110
  18. Total Receiving Yards By Donald Driver: My Bet Over 49.5 -110
  19. Total Receptions By Donald Driver: My Bet Over 4.5 +110
  20. Will The Packers Score In All 4 Quarters? My Bet Yes +245
  21. Total Solo + Assisted Tackles By A.J. Hawk: My Bet Over 4.5 +120
  22. Total Punts: My Bet Under 9.5 -140
  23. Most Rushing Yards Moore or Kuhn? My Bet Moore -110
  24. Player to Score a TD First Ward or Driver? My Bet Ward Even Money
  25. Jersey Number of First Player To Score: My Bet Under 59.5 -110
  26. Who Will Have More Points Blake Griffin (Clippers) Or Packers? My Bet Griffin -110
  27. Who Will Have More Kevin Garnett (Celtics) Free Throws Made -1 or Rodgers Passing TD Passes +1? My Bet KG Free Throws Made -110
  28. Margin Of Victory: My Bet Steelers 1-4pts +350
  29. Margin Of Victory: My Bet Steelers 5-8pts +500
  30. Double Result of The Game: My Bet Packers First Half Steelers Full Game Winner +400
This Brings the Total Amount Wagered To A Grand Total of $324 Minton Bucks...let's see what we can "win".



And finally the Poll Question, remember which ever you choose is the one I will bet as part of my 30 For 30


WHAT SHOULD I BET ON THE SUPER BOWL 45 COIN TOSS?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i borrow $300 minton bucks?

Minton said...

Let's see how the Roll is after the Superbowl, I may have some Minton Bucks to Spare

Michael said...

Too bad it's just $10 Minton bucks per bet, as some of those, I'd put a couple units on. I like the Aaron Rodgers TD over and number of TDs.

I don't like the scoring in 4 quarters for both team and safety or interception ones, but I'm guessing those are more choices for the payout on those. Any reason you went with both Steeler's win by amounts, seems like you'd only hit one and while they are paying out higher, I'd hate to give up some of that profit.

Minton said...

Yeah, I took a few because the payoff is so nice. These are all just hypothetical bets, I will be placing my actual wagers next week, and will, these are just the ones that caught my attention when I went through the book.

I like the 2 steelers margin of victory bets as I believe it's going to be a 1 possession game with the steelers winning, and betting those 2 gets me back more than just betting the steelers on the ML (Pit +120)would.

Michael said...

That makes sense, I can understand that, and I definitely think it has a chance to be a one possession game. Good luck on your bets.